If you’re craving fruit and chocolate and fancy a quick snack, then look no further! The combination of the fruity apple and sweet chocolate with pumpkin seeds tackles all the taste buds and left me wanting 100 more!
I made this using both raw apple and baked apple, and while both are delicious I prefer the softer baked apple. I made this recipe using both Green & Black’s milk chocolate and Divine’s milk chocolate and found it was easier to cover the apple with G&B’s. Although this may have to do with the fact the G&B’s milk chocolate is cooking chocolate, whereas Divine milk chocolate is mainly for munching on.
With the recipe below I made 5 apple slices but this may vary slightly. It’s an extremely simple recipe, but here’s how you do it:
- 1 large apple
- Small handful of pumpkin seeds
- Whole bar (24 squares) of Divine milk chocolate
- Wash apple and then cut into slices.
- If baking the apple, put into oven at 150 degrees for about 20 mins or until brown.
- Put pumpkin seeds in a small frying pan and turn up to medium-high. You can tell when roasted as they starting to make cracking sounds.
- Transfer pumpkin seeds to pestle and mortar and crush until some are tiny and some are still whole.
- Put chocolate in microwavable bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute at 750W. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat this heating but for shorter 15 – 20 second intervals, making sure you stir the chocolate between each interval until it’s fully melted with a smooth consistency and no chocolate lumps.
- Take your apple slices one by one and dunk them into the bowl of chocolate until covered.
- Put the chocolate covered apple on a plate one by one and then sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Put in the fridge and wait until chocolate has hardened to enjoy.
I reckon this idea would work very well with a variety of different fruits and nuts/seeds…Happy cooking!
Love Palm Oil?